Sunday, August 17, 2008

Random Storm

So last night I went outside to talk to my friend Nora. I told her that it was still warm outside and continued our conversation. I went inside and started to listen to music while looking at ghost pictures. About 5-10 minutes later my cat and I heard something tapping at my window. I just ignored it thinking that it was just some brush or something hitting the window. When it got louder I grabbed my key and started to walk up the stairs and heard...rain...yes rain. It was coming down hard. Right when I got outside I saw lightening and heard thunder. It was so bizarre, I was just outside not 5-10 minutes earlier. It was so dark I could barley see the tree that is right in front of my place. It was so cool. The last time I saw a thunder storm was more than 10 years ago. For some reason I always missed a good thunder storm so I was really stoked to finally see one. But apparently we get a lot of good storms here in Oregon so Im pretty stoked about this. I was also watching the storm with my roommate Walt. So I went downstairs to grab my phone to try to be able to take a picture but it didnt work. Walt and I were laughing cause every time I turned to look I missed the chance. Then I figured out how to record on my phone and of course when the timer went off and was saving then a nice lightening bolt hit. So my phone and the mother nature were against me getting a cool picture.

No comments: