Monday, August 11, 2008

My adventure home

First everything was going good. I had my ticket and my stuff packed ready to leave to go back to Oregon. I was sitting at the Greyhound station by my moms house waiting for the bus to show up. This guy came in trying to by a ticket when the lady behind the counter said that the bus was running two hours late. I thought it was for a different bus so I sat there waiting when some other people came in and she said the same thing to them. I went up to her and asked if it was my bus that was running late and she said yes. So I called my mom and she picked me up so that I didn't have to wait there for 2 hours. I came back an hour-an hour and a half later when the bus finnaly arrived 2.5 hours after it was suppose to. I was also suppose to get on the bus in San Francisco at 7:20 but because of the bus arriving late I missed the bus. After a little while of not knowing where I was suppose to go I went up to the counter which took forever, cause there was a long line, the lady said that she had to get me new tickets because of the late but and the next one wasnt going to show up till 1 am. grrr...This was not going to be a happy trip. Ao close to 10 pm I finally called my mom to let her know what was going on and of course like every mother she was really worried. At least I know she does her job right when it comes to that. So while I was waiting I read, talked to some people on the phone cause they wanted to know how the trip was going, and listening to music. FINALLY!!!! The bus showed up. YAY!!! got onto the bus and was finally on my way yet again. When I got to Sacramento where I was yet again to transfer onto another bus my phone fell out of my pocket somehow on the bus that I just got off of. 5 mins before that bus left I managed to jump back on and get my phone. So far not so good. Then the bus I was suppose to get on was 20 minutes late. Geez can't seem to get a break. After that the trip was going smoothly...HA...only till I got to Metro, Or. This is the stop where everyone has to get off the bus because they clean them and where you are able to get your hot meals. So off we go to get some food while we wait for 30 minutes to get back on. Well I went outside to have a smoke and talk to a few girls that were telling me where they were going and stuff like that when we heard a guy scream. When I turned around there not 15 feet away from me was a guy having a sezure on the corner. About 10 of us rushed over to help him make sure he didn't hurt himself anymore while a taxi driver called the cops. By the time the ambulance got there the speakers were letting us know that it was time to board. This guy was also on our bus so the girl that was sitting behind him told the bus driver what happend so that the guy wouldn't lose his stuff. The driver had to take all of his belonging off the bus and send them to where they needed to go. This was only 5-10 minute wait but that wasn't a major problem. I hope the guy is doing fine. Anyways so off we go again and this time I get to Eugene where I get onto another bus. This one was an hour and a half wait. Well low and behold the bus was 15-20 minutes late. Who would have thought that. Finally I get home. Looking foward to seeing my cat and sleeping. Oh but the fun doesnt stop there. I get home and was happy to see my cat as she was to see me. She wouldn't let me out of her site for a second. I couldn't go to the bathroom or take a shower in peace. Well anyways...I go downstairs thinking that I would be able to unpack and get ready for bed but no. My cat messed up my bed. So I had to wash my sheets before tucking in for the night. Finally everything is done by 8 pm. I get into bed, lay down, get comfy to read for a bit when all of a sudden I feel claws on my legs. Yes there is my cat gripped to my legs chewing on my toes over the sheets. I knew the punishment for leave would be coming soon. Finally she calms down and falls asleep sprawled across my legs and I fall asleep for a really good night. That was the end of my amazingly horrible trip back home. I am so glad that it is over.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I was certainly hanging on the edge of my seat....so to speak! I am a little disappointed in Greyhound. Maybe we'll just use it for the way down.

Littlebit's collections said...

That might work. I think there is an Airport in Eugene which is a lot close to my place then Portland