Monday, August 11, 2008

My trip






I just got back a few days ago from Cali to visit my family and friends. I had a great time and missed everyone. I missed my cat more and didn't really realize it till I got home. I was so busy that I didn't really think about it all to much. I did call to check up on here, my roommate was nice to watch her for me while I was gone for a few weeks. When I first got there my mom and I went to Barns and Noble to pick up a few books. It took me a while to one find a book I was in the mood for reading and 2 remember the authors name...Oh and I am horrible with names. I think that's why I was so bad with History in school. :D Well I ended up remembering the name of a romance author that I like. I don't like romance in the slightest but Nora Roberts is really good. Its no so much about the "rated" version like so many are but she is more into making the stories come to life with the characters and there everyday life style. She also doesn't make the characters so unrealistic. They sound like everyday women that you find where ever you go. The fist series that I got so that my mom and I could read the Three Sisters Trilogy. Its about 3 girls that live/move to this small little island. 2 of the girls know that they are witches and the third one finds out along her journeys. I'm not really good at summarizing books but they are really good. My mom really enjoyed them a lot that she went out and bought more. hehe. My mom read one of her J.D Robbs books but those are not really all that good in my opinion so it was really hard to get my mom into reading the Nora Roberts books till I got them while I was there and started to tell her about them. So for about a week it was lounging around reading which was a lot of fun. Then I went to go visit my friend Nora and her two year old son Evan...wow was that a lot of work and really tiring. I was exhausted by the time I went home but before I did I went Archery shooting with my brother and father. It was a lot of fun but I had to use a recurve instead of my compound bow which caused me to get an awesome bruse on my arm. I took a picture of it and over a week later some of the bruise is still there but its finally fading. After that my mom, Jim and I went to Michaels because my mom and I are thinking about doing some bead work which sounds like a lot of fun. Cant wait to start on that. Well we got some ideas and still in the process of figuring out what and how were going to start. I went to go see my friend Angelina (who I have known since I was 7), my friend Mujah, and my friend Brittany. It was fun. We just hung out and watched some t.v. and goofed of a bit. I talked to Angelina's mom, Mary, which was really nice. I miss them and got some pictures of them before I left. Then if was off to go home. Now this was an adventure all in its self but I will write that one in another post because this one is getting pretty long. :P Well all in all I had a great time and came home to a very happy cat who still doesn't leave my side. Shes not sleeping on top of my legs at night which is cool. It was getting a little hard rolling over with her clawing me to make sure I wouldnt leave again. Well here are some pics that I took. There all of family and friends.

1 comment:

Jane said...

We had a great time too. Great pics and I look forward to seeing more on your blog!